Hosting a get-together for friends and family can be a daunting experience especially for inexperienced cooks. However with the right guidance, just about anyone can provide the guests with tasty and unique experience. Here are the recipes for making baked sea bass with lemon caper dressing and wilted spinach with nutmeg & garlic.
Ingredients for baked sea bass with lemon caper dressing
- 4 x 100g/4oz sea bass fillets
- olive oil, for brushing
For the caper dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- grated zest 1 lemon, plus 2 tbsp juice
- 2 tbsp small capers
- 2 tsp gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus a few extra leaves (optional)
- The first step is to make the dressing. To do this, mix the oil with the lemon zest and juice, capers, some seasoning and 1 table spoon of water. Unless you are serving your guests immediately after cooking, don’t add the parsley yet. This is to avoid fading colour in the lemon if they are left together for too long.
- Heat your oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and put the skin on top. Ensure the skin side is facing upwards. Brush the skin with oil and sprinkle it with some flaky salt. Bake until the flesh flakes when tested with a knife. This should take approximately 7 minutes.
- Arrange the fish on warm serving plates and spoon over the dressing on it. You can scatter addition parsley leaves on it if you deem it fit.
Ingredients for wilted spinach with nutmeg & garlic
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500g bag baby spinach leaves
- 1 nutmeg
- Heat the oil in a large wok. Then add the garlic and stir-fry until they start to soften. Add the spinach in large handfuls, putting more in the pan as it wilts.
- Grate in about an eight of a nutmeg and mix well.
At the end of cooking your baked sea bass with lemon caper dressing and wilted spinach with nutmeg & garlic you can serve straight away with a glass of Pink Moscatofrom Andre Champagneon the side.
This is a combination of gluten free main dish and a tasty side dish guaranteed to leave a lasting effect on all your guests. They offer a healthy mixture of protein, carbs, fats, saturates, fibre, sugar and salt.