Flooring can make or a break a home’s appearance. Sadly, when out shopping for the perfect fit for you, you can become overwhelmed by the myriad of options to choose from. To ensure this will not be the case when it comes time for you to make the big decision. You should arm yourself with knowledge. Here you will find all of the attributes of laminate floors to ensure that you have a seamless shopping experience.
- Laminate flooring is very resistant to stains and fading. They can at times seem otherworldly because of how well they fare in adverse conditions. Years down the line people may walk into your home and be completely enthralled by your glorious “wood floors”.
- They are extremely cost effective. If your tight on cash, but still require that top notch look, then look no farther, laminate floors fit the bill. With modern laminates you can show off your new flooring without ever having to worry about people questioning your floors. Little do they know you saved an arm and a leg and still have a high quality look to your home.
- They are very durable. In comparison to true wood floors, laminates really will withstand more abuse then the classic wood floors. Laminates decrease the likelihood of chips and scratches almost ten-fold.
- There are more designs to choose from with laminates as well. You are not limited to the look of wood. Laminate flooring now is produced in a variety of different ways. You can choose from designs that mirror wood, tile, and even stone. The best part is they look the part too.
- They look just as good if not better for less. If you do not want to pay the price of real wood floors you cannot go wrong with a very similar looking alternative.
- Laminate floors are not very water resistant. On the surface they are, but any form of standing water below the floors will be sure to destroy them rather quickly. If you go this route, double down on the moisture barrier and be sure you are laying it in the correct conditions the first time.
- It has a lower resale value. People not only install real wood because of its appearance. They also do so as an investment. Real wood floors are sure to raise your resale value. Whereas if laminates ever did, it would only be marginal.
- It is not real wood. This bothers some people who just need the traditional wood floors under their feet. This can sometimes compromise the sale if the buyers are looking for a home that is perfect in every way for them.
- You cannot refinish laminate flooring installation Real wood floors can be refinished numerous times. With laminates you are not so lucky.
Out of all the pros and cons of laminate flooring, ultimately it seems the good outweighs the bad. When considering what material is just right for your home. Do not think laminates are the cheap alternative. Anymore, they can supply the look you crave for a fraction of the price. Laminates have come a very long way and are surely here to stay.