Scaffolding is often used on properties that have to be repainted, where the roof has to be fixed or where the windows have to be replaced, for instance. It is designed to allow work to be done at a height in complete safety. However, not all scaffolding is created equally and you must be completely sure that it will function properly. This means that you need to take the time to find scaffold rental services that you know you can trust.
Things to Look for in Scaffold Rental Companies
There are a number of things specifically to look for. These include:
- How long has the company been in business? The longer a company has existed, the more sure you can be that they offer a respected and trusted service. A lot of people do like to give newly started companies a chance to make their mark. While this is a good thing to do in general, when you are working with something that has the potential to be very unsafe, you may want to reconsider.
- How often do their replace their boards? Scaffolding boards are often used again and again on different worksites. While this is not necessarily a problem, it is important to remember that scaffolding boards are made from wood, and they will wear out. Considering heavy weights are often carried along on scaffolding boards, they cannot be reused indefinitely. You need to feel safe with the age of your boards.
- Do they have insurance in place? When using scaffolding, liability insurance is an absolute must. There are a number of other insurance types that you could consider, but liability is the main one. If the company does not offer liability insurance, you will need to look into this yourself.
- Will they set it up for you? Most scaffolding rental companies come and set the scaffolding up for you. However, others simply bring the necessary tools and leave you with it. While these tend to be cheaper, if you don’t have an ability to actually set things up, then these companies may not be suitable for you.
- How is the company reviewed? There are a number of websites you can use in order to find out what others have experienced through the scaffolding service. The Better Business Bureau and Yelp are really good for that. However, social media is also a really good tool, because it allows you to interact directly with others who have used the scaffold rental company, asking them what their experiences were like.
There are many things to think about when you rent scaffolding. The most important thing is that you feel the safety of your workers and that of the general public can be maintained. This means that you should do sufficient research into the companies that you are considering, enabling you to find the best one out there. The above five pointers are just a few of the things to take into consideration.